6.6. The fuel pump - removal and installation
The mechanical pump (models with the carburettor engine)
1. Disconnect a wire of the minus plug of the accumulator. Remove a cap of a jellied mouth of a radiator. Remove the air filter.
|5.2 Disconnect fuel hoses from the fuel pump
2. Disconnect fuel hoses from the pump (5.2
|5.3 Turn off fixing bolts of the pump (are specified by arrows) and remove the pump
3. Turn off fixing bolts of the pump (5.3
4. Remove the pump and remove the rests of an old lining from a surface of the pump and a head of the block of cylinders.
5. Check up a condition of fuel hoses.
6. Installation is spent upside-down removals. Use new linings.
The electric pump (models with fuel injection)
The external fuel pump (models Cordia and Tredia)
7. Let out pressure from the power supply system. Remove the left back wheel. Remove a fixing strip of a fuel tank and lower a fuel tank a little.
|5.8 On models Cordia and Tredia with fuel injection remove the left back wheel and turn off fixing bolts of the pump (are specified by arrows)
8. Turn off fixing bolts of the pump (5.8
9. Disconnect fuel hoses and a socket of connection of the pump. Remove the pump from a fixing arm.
10. Installation is spent upside-down removals.
The fuel pump established
In fuel a tank (all other models)
|5.11а On some models, for example Galant, the fuel pump acts in film sideways a fuel tank, therefore a fuel tank to remove it is not required - simply disconnect a connection socket, fuel tubes and turn off fixing screws
11. Let out pressure from the power supply system. Disconnect a wire of the minus plug of the accumulator. Remove a fuel tank if it is necessary, or disconnect fuel tubes and a connection socket (5.11а
|5.11б On other models, such as Colt, Lancer, Mirage, the fuel pump acts in film from above a fuel tank, therefore fuel it is necessary to remove from the car
1. A cap of a jellied mouth
2. Drain заглушка
3. A hose of the return pipeline
4. A hose of giving of fuel
5. The control valve
6. A ventilating hose
7. A hose of a jellied mouth
8. A ventilating hose
9. A fuel tank
10. A hose of the return pipeline
11. A hose of giving of fuel
12. A ventilating hose
13. The fuel pump
14. The internal fuel filter
15. The gauge of level of fuel
16. A ventilating hose
17. The two-travelling valve
18. A jellied mouth
12. Turn off fixing screws and get the fuel pump from a tank. Check up соетояние linings of the pump and replace it if it is necessary.
13. Check up the fuel filter on the bottom party of the pump (5.11б
). Clear or replace it.
14. Installation is spent upside-down removals.