5.7. The gauge of temperature of a cooling liquid - check and replacement
Attention! It is impossible to disconnect the gauge until the engine will not cool down.
1. If the gauge of temperature of a cooling liquid does not work, at first it is necessary to check up safety locks.
2. If the temperature gauge shows excessively high or low temperature, it is necessary to warm up the engine.
|6.3а the Gauge of temperature of a cooling liquid (it is specified by an arrow) is usually located about the thermostat which is at an inlet collector.
|6.3б On some models the gauge of temperature of a cooling liquid (it is specified by an arrow) is located in the bottom of an inlet collector, behind the distributor.
3. If the temperature gauge shows a heat when the engine has not got warm yet, disconnect wires from the gauge (6.3а
). If temperature drops then it is necessary to replace the gauge are observed. If the gauge shows a heat, means wires are short-circuited.
4. If after warming up of the engine the temperature gauge still does not function, and safety locks are checked up, muffle the engine. Disconnect a wire from the gauge and earth it on the engine case. Include ignition, not starting the engine. If the gauge shows a heat, it is necessary to replace it.
5. If the temperature gauge still does not work, means, it is faulty, or the chain can be opened.
6. When the engine completely will cool down, disconnect a radiator casing, compress the top hose of a radiator and replace a cover.
7. Disconnect the gauge from an electricity.
8. Prepare the new temperature gauge.
9. Establish the new gauge.
10. Accurately insert the gauge and connect a plait of wires.
11. Add cooling liquid and get the engine. Check up system on presence of leaks.