5.4. The thermostat - check and replacement
Attention! It is impossible to remove a radiator cover, to merge cooling liquid or to replace the thermostat, while the engine hot.
1. Check up level of a cooling liquid, tension belts and work of the gauge of temperature of a cooling liquid.
2. If for engine warming up too much time, possibly is required, the thermostat is closed not completely. In this case it is necessary to replace it.
3. If the engine overheats, check up temperature of the top hose of a radiator. If it cold, means, the thermostat does not open, and it is necessary to replace it.
Attention! Do not leave on the car without the thermostat. The computer system will be opened, that will cause increase in the expense of fuel.
4. If the top hose of a radiator hot, means, охладительное means arrives, and the thermostat is opened.
5. Disconnect a wire of the minus plug of the accumulator.
6. Merge cooling liquid.
7. Disconnect the top hose of a radiator from a thermostat casing.
8. Find the casing of the thermostat located between the top hose of a radiator and the engine.
9. If the branch pipe interfaced to a hose, looks strongly worn out at removal of a hose it can be damaged even more. If it has occurred, it is necessary to replace a thermostat cover.
|3.10 Turn off two bolts (are specified by arrows), remove a cover and get the thermostat from a casing (engine Galant in volume of 2,0 l is shown.)
10. Turn off bolts and remove a cover of the thermostat (3.10
11. Get the thermostat from a casing and remember, as it has been established.
12. Remove traces of an old lining and hermetic from a surface of a casing of the thermostat and a cover.
|3.13 Be convinced, that the thermostat is established correctly - otherwise, the engine will overheat, that can lead to its damage, (engine Galant in volume of 2,0 l is shown.)
13. Establish the new thermostat in a casing. Check up correctness of installation (3.13
14. Apply a thin film hermetic on either side of a new lining and strengthen it in a casing.
15. Establish a cover of the thermostat and tighten fixing bolts till the demanded moment of an inhaling.
16. Connect a hose, and reliably tighten a collar.
17. Fill in cooling liquid in cooling system.
18. Start the engine, wait, while it will get warm, check up work of the thermostat and presence of leaks.