2.17. Check of brakes
1. Each time is recommended to check brakes at removal of wheels or if they do not function correct than following signs testify: the car pulls aside by pressing a pedal of a brake, brakes publish a scratch at braking; an excessive course of a pedal of a brake; a pulsation of a pedal of a brake; detection of leak of a brake liquid.
|16.2 Check up a thickness of brake overlays through an aperture in a support (it is specified by an arrow)
2. Check up a thickness of brake overlays through a viewing aperture in a support (16.2
3. For more detailed check remove a support and overlays and measure their thickness.
4. Check up a brake disk on presence of scratches or the burnt through areas.
5. Before installation of wheels check up all tubes and hoses on presence of damages, traces of deterioration, deformation, cracks, leak or corrosion traces. Check up reliability of connections.
Back drum-type brakes
6. Remove a brake drum.
Attention! The dust formed as a result of deterioration of brakes, contains asbestos which is hazardous to health. Do not inhale it.
|16.7 Thickness of a frictional material brake колодок is measured from an external surface to a metal basis
7. Check up a thickness of a frictional material on brake колодках
and replace them if the distance from a surface to rivets is less 1-2 mm. Replace колодки
if they are polluted by oil or have cracked (16.7
8. Check up returnable and clamping springs, and also the adjusting mechanism.
|16.9 Accurately unbend a cover of the wheel cylinder and check up leak presence
9. Examine the wheel cylinder on leak presence, having unbent rubber covers (16.9
10. Examine a brake drum on presence of cracks, scratches and traces of excessive deterioration.
Парковочный a brake
8. For check парковочного brakes test its action, having stopped the car on an abrupt slope.