2.12. Check, maintenance service and accumulator gymnastics
Attention! Steams of hydrogen containing in sections of the accumulator, are explosive. As electrolit the diluted sulfuric acid which will cause serves
Chemical burn at hit on a skin or in eyes. At a detachment of wires of the accumulator always disconnect a wire of the minus plug of the accumulator the first and connect its last.
|11.1 Tools and the materials necessary for maintenance service of the accumulator
1. Goggles or a guard
2. Baking soda
3. Technical vaseline
4. The tool for clearing of contacts of the accumulator
5. Felt washers
6. A stripper
7. The tool for clearing of contacts
8. Rubber gloves
Check, maintenance service
1. If on the car the factory accumulator which is not demanding maintenance service you do not need to check level of electrolit is established and to add the distilled water. If the accumulator has been replaced on usual it is necessary to perform following operations of maintenance service.
2. Remove caps and check up electrolit level in accumulator sections. It should cover plates completely. If it is necessary, add the distilled water.
|11.3а By means of a wrench check up reliability of an inhaling of a bolt of a cable clip
|11.3б Corrosion on the accumulator plug
|11.3г Carefully clear accumulator plugs
|11.3в At clearing of contacts it is necessary to eliminate all traces of corrosion
3. Check up a condition of the case of the accumulator, reliability and cleanliness of contacts (11.3а
4. Check up a shelf of the accumulator and reliability of a fixing clip. Remove the formed corrosion by means of baking soda.
Accumulator additional charge
5. Remove all caps of the accumulator. Disconnect a wire of the minus plug and connect зарядное the device.
6. At force зарядного a current above 2 Amperes, regularly check the accumulator that it has not overheated. If you use зарядное the device with small зарядным a current, the accumulator can be left to be recharged for the night.
7. Check electrolit density with the help ареометра each hour within last several hours of additional charge. It is possible to consider the accumulator charged when the electrolit density does not change within two hours. The electrolit density should be approximately identical in all sections of the accumulator. If is not present, possibly, some sections are damaged.