14.2. A body - maintenance service and repair
1. The condition in which there is a body of your car, is very important, because its cost depends on it in the big degree at resale. It is much more difficult to repair the started or damaged body, than mechanical parts. The latent cavities of a body, such as niches of wheels, a frame and a motor compartment also are important not less in spite of the fact that they do not demand frequent attention as other parts of a body.
2. Once a year, or each 20 000 km, the bottom of a body by means of steam is very useful to clear. All traces of a dirt and oil will be removed, and after this area it will be possible to check up on presence of the rust, the damaged brake highways, the worn out electric wires, the damaged ropes and so on. In the end of this work it is necessary to grease components of a forward suspension bracket.
3. Simultaneously clear the engine and a motor compartment with the help пароочистителя or adaptations for greasing removal.
4. The special attention is necessary for turning on niches of wheels as the substrate can exfoliate, both stones and a dirt, thrown out by wheels, can damage a paint and allow to appear to a rust. If you have found out a rust, smooth out the damaged surface to the metal and put on it an anticorrosive paint.
5. It is necessary to wash a body, at least, once a week. Carefully wet the car to soften a dirt, and then смойте it by means of a soft sponge and a considerable quantity of soap water. If carefully not to wash off a dirt, it can erase a paint.
6. Tar or bitumen stains are necessary for clearing by means of a fabric moistened in solvent.
7. At least, each six months polish a body and the chromeplated details. If you use a cleaner for the chromeplated parts to remove a rust from details with гальванопокрытием, remember, that the cleaner also deletes honour of chrome so use it cautiously.